[openbeos] OpenBFS: Read only version finished.

  • From: "Bruno G. Albuquerque" <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 21:38:13 EST (-0300)

That's it! We now have a complete read-only version of BFS with all the
bells and whistles. We have a really fast B+Tree implementation and a
fast Query parser. Also we have some advantages over the original bfs
(as discussed in a previous email) so this, by itself, was an amazing
achievement! We hope this helps motivating everyone working on
OpenBeOS.

So, the good news is... We are moving to full read/write support. It *
WILL* take longer than it took us to write all of this so far, but I
would like to point out that we actually finished this part in less
than one month (and the timeline we set was to finish it in one month).

Now you'd better cross your fingers, as the OpenBFS team will destroy
lots and lots of partitions before we can get this thing working
right...

-Bruno

Ps: Actually there one small thing that we still have to implement for
considering the read-only support to be really complete... Permissions
control. You can blame it on me. :) I will be finishing it soon enough
tough and it won't delay the read/write implementation.

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

The day after tomorrow is the third day of the rest of your life.