[haiku] Re: Open Source Games

  • From: Zenja Solaja <solaja@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 12:04:53 +1000

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 8:27 AM, scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> Then again, I suppose SDL and OpenAL and OpenGL need to be sorted,
> first...
> >
> > Well, SDL and OpenGL are pretty much available already...
> >
> > - Urias
> >

> Same with OpenAL, although I haven't tested to hear if it works, that
> would require a working sound chip first...
> http://ports.haiku-files.org/wiki/media-libs/openal

My cross platform game engine (with Haiku support) uses OpenAL for audio,
and when I last tested it on my old nForce2 motherboard, audio was working.
 In the mean time I've updated all my boxes to unsupported audio chipsets :)
so I cannot verify that OpenAL still works under Haiku, but I see no reason
why it shouldn't still work.   When the OSS 4.x issues are sorted out, I'll
have working audio in Haiku so I should be able to verify that OpenAL still
works.

Note to self - I should probably release my iPhone games for Haiku (see
http://www.zenyes.com), since I've actually got Haiku binaries lying around.
 However, with software based 3D rendering, the game play isn't as
compelling.  Eventually this problem will also be resolved ...