[haiku] Re: Open Source Games

  • From: Michael Weirauch <dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 20:40:38 +0200

2009/9/18 Roland Plüss <roland@xxxxxxx>:
> I should have been most probably a bit more specific. It seems to be a
> problem with SCons and it's header/library detection routine. I just
> installed PNG from a precompiled binary and it fails to find it. Looks
> like SCons needs a fix up but for this I need to know first what the
> correct locations in Haiku are for the headers/libraries to look for. I
> assume /boot/common/include and /boot/common/lib but maybe there are
> more than those.
Roland,
SCons is being initialized with a minimal set of "hints" in the
platform initialization
file as with every other platform init file. It's told in which paths
to find binaries
and the glue files for the linker.

AFAIU, the rest is up to the developer setting up the SConscripts correctly.

If, of course, other platforms toolchains have a wider set of default
search and include paths,
then one might reconsider providing some more hints to SCons on Haiku
by default.
But I think it is not necessary. Building blender with the SCons 1.0.1
patch from haiku-ports
shows no issues at all. (After setting up the blender-specific
platform init file)

Michael