[openbeos] Re: One thing OpenBeOS needs

  • From: revol@xxxxxxx
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 10:35:38 +0200 (MEST)

I think we just have to add some more calls and do some more checks (on the
user side at least, securing all the things like areas, sem... against user
switch could be more tricky... though I saw the kernal does some checking if
the calling thread doesn't belongs to the kernel team... and the areas have the
concept of team ownership also maybe we just need to restrict the setowner
funcs so that euids(calling thread) meet some criterias)

On the usefulness: I don't know if this is really needed btw... though there
doesn't seem to be any other broadly used OS here which isn't multiuser (oh,
yes there's XP, since XP=NT => not really multiuser :-D )

François.