[openbeos] [Off topic] Another company using BeOS as multimedia box

  • From: Zenja Solaja <solaja@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 13:29:45 +1000

Sorry for polluting the list, but I just discovered that a company
called MagicBox, Inc uses BeOS in their Aavelin multimedia boxes (used
to display overlay data and signage in hotels, conference centers, TV
stations etc, and they even run displays in a few major sporting
arenas).  They dont mention BeOS specifically on their web site, but
they do mention that they use a RealTime OS and have the BeInc logo
show up on the device boot screen (there is a picture in the PDF
manual), as well as a "The BeOS logo is a trademark of Be,
Incorporated."

Never knew these guys used BeOS.  Any of their developers following
the Haiku mailing lists?

Anyone else know of other companies using BeOS which we've never heard
of (other than Roland and LCS)?