[openbeos] OT - Writing Drivers....

  • From: "Andy Main" <andymain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 16:51:16 +0100

Hi all,

Yeah I know its OT, but its also essential for this OS to be successful
at the end of the day.  Basically I'm looking at writing a driver for my
soundcard firstly (graphics second SIS730 - but I'll live with VESA for
now ;).  I really don't know how to start such a job mainly because I
have nowhere to start - and the worse thing is emagic (the guys who make
the card) started work on one ages ago but gave up because they couldn't
do multiouts (though I've seen this available on other cards).  How
would someone go about writing a driver for something unknown?  Has
anyone else on the list written something similar before?  Mail me
off-list if you like.

Regards

Andy.