[openbeos] Re: [OT] Re: gcc 3.x ABI

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 17:48:51 +0200 (MEST)

En réponse à Axel Dörfler  <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Martin wrote:
> > > Anyway, with the "fun" I already had with Be's gcc, I really think
>
> > > we
> > > should switch to something newer, if possible (also MMX/3Dnow!
> > > support
> > > would be a nice addition).
> > can gas from the 2.95.3 geekgadgets distro work with the original Be
>
> > gcc distro?
> > if it could, wouldn't simply swapping gas from the beos distro for
> > the 2.95.3 one
> > provide us with the desired mmx/3dnow inline asm support?
>
> That might work (IIRC BFD and friends are statically linked), but it
> won't solve the problems of Be's gcc.
> If I really need MMX/whatever support, I would take a look at nasm for

For ffmpeg I use the gcc from BeBits, which has mmx/3dnow.
But since it's quite buggy...
Last time I had to switch compilers for only a file :^)
(and change the (-O setting).
But it looks like it works.
I did small shellscripts to change the symlink (gnupro/ -> gnupro-org/ ...)
newgcc and oldgcc :)

François.