[openbeos] OT Re: Re: Apple to steal yet more BeOS features...

  • From: Charlie Clark <charlie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 17:39:38 +0100

Let's not start a licence flame war!!!

On 2003-03-28 at 17:30:16 [+0100], you wrote:
> Yes I know... I suggest we change Dominic to LGPL too :)))
>
> That just pisses me off how Apple "embraces" OpenSource and alternative
> OSes for their own OS... at least they don't have the 2nd part of the
> double KissKool effect (the "extend" one)

I know that the FreeBSD people are very happy with Darwin and Apple's
approach to open source and let's face it there's BSD in pretty much
everything. So I don't think there's a need to overdramatise. I think Alan
makes a good point: how much of BFS is the code and how much of it are the
thoughts expressed in his book? Axel and BGA have worked on and improved
BFS but they had something to work with.

Charlie