[openbeos] Re: OT; IDE driver source

  • From: Michael Phipps <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 17:26:49 -0500

Hi, Eli!

Yeah, this is off topic, but... :-)

We actually intend to use a new IDE (and SCSI, I have heard) driver set from
Thomas (the guy who did the IDE replacement driver).

That work is progressing, but at a fairly slow rate, as I understand it, due
to real life interceding.

None of this really helps you, though. :-(

Maybe someone on list (Axel, Marcus?) can get in touch with Thomas and see if
he would like some help or would be willing to let you test this or maybe
even would modify IDE Replacement for your PCI info...

Michael

On 2004-03-10 at 17:20:36 [-0500], Eli Green wrote:
> I realize this isn't strictly related to OpenBeOS, but I'm trying to get R5
> up and running so I can contribute, so it sort of is. Basically the only
> missing piece for me to run BeOS is an IDE driver that works with my Si3112
> Serial ATA controller. This controller works fine with FreeBSD's IDE driver
> and the only thing specific to the controller in that driver is the
> Vendor/Device IDs.
>
> My small forays into researching this reveal that OpenBeOS will not use the
> same drivers as BeOS R5 did. Is this the case? (Meaning I cannot take the
IDE