[openbeos] Re: OHCI/FireWire-support in (Open)BeOS?

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 10:04:53 +0200

Selon David McPaul <dmcpaul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> The BeOS media kit supports DV for decoding but the AVI extractor does
> not support files over 1Gb in size (so any capture of reasonable size
> cannot be viewed).
That's because AVI files aren't supposed to be larger than 1GB.
The bigger ones use variably succesful implementations of the OpenDML
specs, which permits making bigger AVIs, but is usually badly implemented,
and makes them not easily readable by standard AVI parsers.

> I tried writing an extractor to replace the BeOS one but there were
> issues with how the DV decoder talked to the AVI extractor
Even when you get the headers, the documentations about this is, well
inexistant :)
Hope to get those issues fixed in OBOS.

François.