[openbeos] Re: OHCI/FireWire-support in (Open)BeOS?

  • From: David McPaul <dmcpaul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 10:15:04 +1000

> François wrote:
> > ffmpeg has some kind of DV support now, so by the time R1 is ready
> > we
> > should have something usable in the Media Kit :)
> hmmm... delicious...
> And how is it currently in (Closed)BeOS (R5) ? Does it support OHCI
> in some way? (I guess my trick to keep my posting on topic was a bit
too successful,-)

Hit and miss I am afraid to say.

I have a OHCI card (Canopus ADVC1394) and although BeOS recognises it
as a DV device it doesn't work for capturing from analog sources (it
has 2 inputs, DV and analog).

I have no DV source to try the DV input out but I suspect that will
work.

The BeOS media kit supports DV for decoding but the AVI extractor does
not support files over 1Gb in size (so any capture of reasonable size
cannot be viewed).

I tried writing an extractor to replace the BeOS one but there were
issues with how the DV decoder talked to the AVI extractor

Cheers
David

--
We gave you an atomic bomb, what do you want, mermaids?
                -- I. I. Rabi to the Atomic Energy Commission