[openbeos] Re: OHCI/FireWire-support in (Open)BeOS?

  • From: "Solaja, Zenja" <solaja@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 08:32:29 +1000

Yeah, in some twisted form of irony, BeOS since R4.5 came with Canopus DV
codec (its a proprietry DV format which can decode video captured with
Canopus DV cards), but there are no Canopus DV drivers.  Coincidently, I
purchased my Canopus DV Raptor and BeOS R4.5 on the same morning, so these
two have a sort of Yin/Yan relationship on my box...  So yes, I can view DV
video encoded with Canopus DV codec on BeOS, but I cannot capture with the
same card.  I guess Canopus heard about the focus shift before we (the
general public) did, hence they stopped short of porting a driver for their
hardware.

Still, its cool that I can watch Canopus DV-codec videos.

We will now return to your regularly scheduled program...