[openbeos] Re: OHCI/FireWire-support in (Open)BeOS?

  • From: Isaac Yonemoto <ityonemo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 15:05:00 -0500 (CDT)

> Wasn't this 2GB? (like the FAT32-limit) . Anyway, too small... time
> for a new (non-MS and well documented) container-format... I think I
> read the next-gen DivX-format will use a new container...?

So why don't we have the mediakitters write our own format, document it,
and have mediakitters who are capable of writing translators (via the
translator kit) write translators?  Then OBOS won't be hindered by the
failings of other formats, and it won't be a major issue to write tracker
add-ons, for example, that make it easy for the user to convert to
whatever he/she likes.