[openbeos] OHCI/FireWire-support in (Open)BeOS?

  • From: "Gregor Rosenauer" <rosenauer@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 23:40:20 +0200 CEST

Hello,

I have just bought a Canopus ACEDVio (used, good price:) to finally get into
video-editing (I have a Hi8-camera, and this card has both digital and analogue
inputs, converting analog to digital on the fly).

Now I remember BeOS had good DV-support, so this card should be supported
somehow, as it doesn't need special drivers (OHCI-card), right?

Am I too optimistic or is this correct?

How's the status on DV-support in OpenBeOS?

Any answers/tips are very welcome, as I am still quite new to the subject and
probably mix up a few things...

brg,
Gregor (Hugh)

PS: I'll probably finally make it to BeGeistert, would be nice to see some ppl
in real there...