[openbeos] Re: OFFLIST : Re: Re: What a wonderful thing to read

  • From: "Scott MacMaster" <zqxh@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 19:59:07 PDT (-0700)

> > For me, reply and reply-all creates a e-mail that send back to the
> > list.  The option 'Reply To Sender' creates a e-mail to goes to the
> > sender.  However, I've only ever seen the 'Reply to Sender' option
> > in
> > BeMail.  It seems to me that reply should go to the list, reply-all
> > should go to the list and the sender plus whoever else was listed
> > in
> > to: or cc:, and Reply To Sender should reply to the sender.  Is
> > there
> > way to change this behavior in BeMail or does the mail server have
> > be modified to setup the mail headers differently for the reply
> > options
> > to work differently?
>
> Why would you want to change that behaviour in BeMail??
> It's very clear what it should mean, and where is the benefit of
> changing the labels and confuse everyone?
>
> Adios...
>    Axel.

I wasn't really suggesting changing anything.  I was mostly curious
about how it could be changed.  Also, I wasn't suggesting to change
BeMail but have an option in it to let the user of it change how it
works slightly.  I think it's fine how it is except for reply-all.  For
reply-all, it doesn't put both the sender and the mailing list address
into To:.  I don't know why someone would want to do that but I think
it make sense for it to do that if the user clicked reply-all.

Hmm, I guess I was just thinking out loud.  It probably doesn't matter
much.

Scott MacMaster