[openbeos] Re: OBOS Security

  • From: DarkWyrm <bpmagic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 12:46:28 -0400

>I guess they do, though that a question for DarkWyrm. However this
>shouldn't be a big problem, as the bitmap will just be sent over the
>network when the app requests to draw it. Maybe the second time, only
>if it has been modified...
>
>CU, Ingo
BBitmaps rely quite a bit on the server. AFAIK, when one is made, it asks the
app_server to create it and essentially waits for a reference token. Bits()
is taken care of when the server tells the application the offset in the area
which points to the bitmap's buffer. Unless another solution presents itself,
BBitmap handling over a network will be quite messy and/or slow - either two
copies of the bitmap must be maintained or the bitmap must be passed back and
forth. The latter would probably be *quite* slow, being that a RGB32 bitmap
of only 100x100 pixels amounts to about 40K. That direct access thing is
pesky. :D

--DarkWyrm