[openbeos] Re: OBOS R1 PPC Compatibility

  • From: "Michael Phipps" <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 14:47:56 -0500

This sounds very good in theory. I am not so sure about the practicality.
We would need at least 7 or 8 users with PPC who would be willing to compile
code at the drop of a hat (ok, with a little notice). I am *certainly* not
opposed to folks with PPCs building what is in source control and beating
people up when the code is not portable. But I would consider that a bug
report, not a "before you check in".

That makes it sort of evolutionary, anyway - if people aren't really interested
in PPC, it will fal behind/away. If people are hugely interested, they will do
the work. And it doesn't burden anyone else overly much.

If someone wanted to set up a compile "farm" (ok, one machine) that downloaded
CVS nightly and built it, that shouldn't be too much work...