[openbeos] Re: OBOS Poll: Multiple Monitor Support

  • From: DarkWyrm <bpmagic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 20:25:37 -0500

>This is fine for developers, but how bout the game player?
<snip>

>The idea of multimonitor games should not be precluded. Objects
>should be able to pass from one workspace to another. The question really
>is: How? Does said developer have a 4th monitor on a multi-monitor display
>to debug?
>
>There will be a time when..."One monitor per game is not enough."
>
>:)

>David Sowsy    .    /|\  BeOS Rebel and Coder   .  *  .
>http://dsowsy.nanorevolution.com   .   *   .   *   .  .
Well, at the risk of making this thread going farther and in the hopes of
ending it, I'll say that I've made some decisions that I think we'll all be
able to live with and make multiple monitor stuff something that you might
actually *want* to use. There's a spec on how it works on my site if anyone's
interested in how it works.

--DarkWyrm