[openbeos] Re: OBOS Poll: Multiple Monitor Support

  • From: Craig Turner <craig@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 10:10:55 +1030 (CST)

> Make desktop icons attach to a particular workspace.  It would look/be
> rather redundant to have 4 monitors with 4 different workspaces and 4
> different backgrounds running 4 different applications, all with the
> same icons on the desktop.

Also there's the issue of the dock - do you display it once for each
workspace? I like the idea of a plain one-workspace-to-monitor approach,
with minimal changes. That is - each workspace has a dock, each has its
standard icons, etc. I'd just be concerned that configuring different icon
setups on different workspaces because messy. Only my opinion of course,
but if this went to voting I'd vote for a simple to understand and
implement solution :).

  - C