[openbeos] Re: OBOS Poll: Multiple Monitor Support

  • From: "Donovan Schulteis" <deej@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 18:24:02 -0500

> If you only going to support one of those
> modes, make it so every monitor have it's
> own workspace and make sure that there is
> NO such thing as a hardcoded default monitor.
[...]

On a somewhat related note that I just thought of... don't know what
the technical possibilities of this are, but herewego...

Make desktop icons attach to a particular workspace.  It would look/be
rather redundant to have 4 monitors with 4 different workspaces and 4
different backgrounds running 4 different applications, all with the
same icons on the desktop.  If it was possible, only show the volume
icons (drives, home, etc) in workspace 1 (default at boot as of R5),
but have any icon you drag onto the desktop attach itself to only that
workspace it is dropped in.

I suppose an option would be best (drop it and answer a "This Workspace
or All Workspaces" dialog).  If that is also possible, then Drives and
other workspace1 icons should also have that choice.

Not to make things even more complicated.  :P  Sorry for the extra
post.  :)

Deej