[openbeos] Re: OBOS Networking

  • From: "Bruno G. Albuquerque" <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 10:10:12 EST (-0300)

> > Whoever said that has no idea about what he is talking about. The
> > current net_kit code *IS* binary compatible with the BeOS one.
>
> Not at the add-on level, it's not. That, incidentally, is where the
> current DHCP code lives.

Sure, but we are replacing all that. When I say it is binary compatible
I mean you will be able to run your favorite net_server app with it
without changes. Anything that you won't be able to run should have a
replacement provided anyway (mostly net-related low level command-line
apps like ifconfig).

-Bruno

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

In Blythe, California, a city ordinance declares that a person must own
at least two cows before he can wear cowboy boots in public.