[haiku] Re: Nonstandard CSI code?

  • From: "Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson" <johann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 00:13:34 +0000

On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 10:37 PM, Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:

> When I cleaned up the escape sequence handling several years ago, the
> sequence we're using now was actually being used by openSUSE -- don't know
> about other distributions. Apparently it isn't anymore (in 12.3). I don't
> know the reasoning why it was nor why it has been changed back.

Is the Terminal app pretending to be xterm?  IIRC, several years ago,
there was some differences between what xterm sent for some keycodes
and other terminal emulators that pretended to be xterm.  I think it
was related to xterm improving the vt emulation and other programs not
keeping up while still setting TERM=xterm.

Anyway, for future references: If a terminal emulator sets TERM=xterm,
then emulate actual xterm.  Other programs like gnome-terminal don't
count.

--
Johann

 I'm not from the internet, I just work there.