[openbeos] Non-profit legal process ...

  • From: "Lee Dohm" <sheriffleo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 13:43:48 -0800

> This has been somewhat planned for a while.
> The big issue (which I posted here about a few days back) was what to
do
> with
> the money. I still need to check into the legal process to making a
non-
> profit group.
> Unfortunately, some other issues have come up that have to do with the
> upcoming
> (micro) release, so I have been very much heads down coding.

Nolo Press makes a good book called IIRC "The Non-Profit Incorporator".
It has all the forms and advice you'll need to obtain US 503(c)
non-profit organization status.  My corporation used their for-profit
incorporation guide to trim the process down to two days ... their books
are awesome.  (Last I checked, they also had a version of both
incorporation guides for Windows ... with fill-in-the-blank forms and
everything.)  Definitely the easy way to go about it ...

Lee