[haiku] Non-BFS file system support

  • From: "Raymond C. Rodgers" <sinful622@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 18:01:19 -0500

As I just ordered my Atom 330 motherboard on which Haiku will live, I just started thinking about the development road ahead of me, and realized that I may need to access certain repositories under Linux in order to get the sources for some libraries because I don't think that git has been ported to BeOS/Haiku at this point. (I hopefully am wrong about that.) As a result, I may need to access either a FAT32 formatted flash drive or ext3 format partition. I know that FAT32 is more likely to be supported but has a file system driver/add-on for ext2 or ext3 been done for Haiku yet? And as long as I'm asking a question, and that this is slightly related, has Samba support been done or recently ported?

Thanks,
Raymond