[openbeos] Re: Non Profit Tax Deductions

  • From: Mat Hounsell <mat_geek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 10:07:28 +1000 (EST)

There are several ways to set up an international organisation:
  * Found independant national organisatios and cooperate as an international
union.
  * Found independant national organisations and an international union which
is controlled by the members, national orgs.
  * Found an international union and indepandant national organisations which
defer to the union.
  * Found an international union and seperate national organisations which are
controlled by the union.
  * Found an international union which founds subsidurary national
organisations.
  * Found only an international organisstion.

For Haiku at this stage I suggest a single orginisation is the best approach.
If an NPO is tax deductible in your nation I suggest you registed as a
Hakiu/OSBOS/Computer User Group.

Let me repeat, in Australia there is no tax deductions for NPO work.

Tax breaks apply to charities/churches etc; and you can do interesting things
with companies and trusts.

If in your nation, tax breaks are only for charities I suggest a Computing
Charity, where you offer a free copy of operating system etc, and refurbish
donated machines, with Haiku, to donate to people/schools etc.

I was thinking about Haiku User Groups in Australia, if your an Auzzie send me
an email (a subject like "HAIKU I'm a Wagga Wagga Auzzie" will do). If there is
enough interest I will look into User Groups, "Community Work" and Tax
Minimisation.

http://au.movies.yahoo.com