[openbeos] Re: Nomenclature

  • From: David Sowsy <dsowsy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 10:03:23 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 16 Jan 2002 J.Seemer@xxxxxx wrote:

> > "OpenBeOS" is quite a mouthful and looks hideous when written.  Has any
> > thought been given to using the simpler, more elegant and less
> > pervasively capitalized moniker "OpenBe"?
I mentioned this (privately) to Michael Phipps that I thought the oboe
would make a good mascot. Being a musical instrument; kinda falls inline
with the idea of having a multimedia OS. If the name OpenBeOS sticks
around however, the idea of having a set of doors opening ala "Open
Sesame";  "Open BeOS"...would be kinda cool too. These ideas are
just the icing on the cake tho'. We still have a cake to make.