[openbeos] Re: No backseat drivers allowed

  • From: "Michael Phipps" <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 21:01:54 -0400

Not that this needs a further more, but...

Everything Daniel said, PLUS just being polite, even if you aren't asking
for a feature. In addition to Daniel's reality check, how about this one -
while this is an open source project, there are a *number* of people
who are doing most of the work that this project would vastly slow down without.
I mean - without Axel, David Reid, Marcus, DarkWyrm, Tyler, etc, there *WOULD
BE*
no OBOS. These are the people who have cranked out some obscene percentage
of the code that exists. Have the same respect for them that you would for
Linus or
Alan Cox or Brian Kernighan. Do them the simple courtesy of assuming that they
are right. Ask questions, try to understand. You can very easily get people to
consider
your point of view and still assume that they are right. You will probably
learn more
that way. Not that I am necessarily the best example of this, but look at the
recent
PPC issue. I asked Nathan 3 rounds of questions to completely understand what
was
going on before I made a decision.

Thanks, Daniel, for moderating... Gee - web master & moderator? :-)