[openbeos] Re: New to OBOS, where to start?

  • From: "Michael Phipps" <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 17:12:30 -0400

>Hi all~
>
>I was browsing through the OBOS web site last night, and I'm really
>excited by all the great work that's going on.  I've been an off-again,
>on-again BeOS user/developer since DR8.2 and I recently put together an

Welcome back!

>old PII 300 machine to install R5 on.  Now I'd like to try playing with
>the different OBOS components that are working and start contributing
>code where I can.  However, I didn't see any 'getting started' type of
>documents on the website, so I thought I'd ask all of you what the
>recommended way to get up and running with OBOS is.

Depends on what you mean.
We don't really have much, at this point, because not much is finished.
But soon we will, and we will need some "how to's".
There is a new package team which is engaged at this point in figuring out
builds and packages.

>Also, once I get some responses, I'll be more than happy to write them
>up so it can be posted on the web page if there's interest in having
>such a document.

Umm - we haven't figured it all out, yet, but if you want to work with Evan, I
am sure that he could use the help! :-)

Michael