[haiku] Re: New stable VirtualBox 3.0.4

  • From: Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 19:46:18 +0200

Michael Lotz wrote:
I am pretty sure that VirtualBox was far more likely to experience the triple fault issue in #3399 fixed in r32118.
--snip
It would be interesting to see if it is really the new VirtualBox version that solves it or if it actually was a Haiku bug. You could download an earlier version of Haiku from haiku- files.org (there is a r32117, so just the revision before that fix) to see if this has the same symptoms under VirtualBox 3.0.4 as well.

My tests have been inconclusive. I have tried all kinds of things, like opening all apps and prefs while scanning the disk with DiskUsage, changing workspaces madly etc. and also rebooting continuously. At the end, I did manage to guru meditate VirtualBox (only) twice. So, r32117 seems to be less stable than newer revisions, but the older VirtualBox versions seemed more crash prone. At least that was my feeling...

Regards,
Humdinger

Deutsche Haiku News @ http://www.haiku-gazette.de