[haiku] Re: New alpha?

  • From: David Given <dg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 18:03:47 +0000

On 19/02/11 17:32, Alexander von Gluck wrote:
[...]
> While 64-bit may be a great long term goal (especially to promote clean
> non-x86 centric code and assist the arm and ppc ports)...

Incidentally, how is the ARM port getting on? Last I heard there was
some excitement over the Pandaboard and Beagleboard, but then it all
went quiet again.

I don't think any of my ARM devices are terribly suitable; the
highest-spec one is a Psion Netbook with 64MB RAM and a 190MHz SA1100
ARMv4 processor, but the next highest is an Amstrad eMailer e3 with 32MB
of RAM and a 150MHz ARM9TDMI ARMv4. I gather that Haiku needs somewhere
around 96MB to boot...

I found a report from 2009 that the ARM kernel *almost* worked, or at
least worked up to the point of showing the splash screen and dropping
into KDL; has anything happened since them?

│
│ "I have a mind like a steel trap. It's rusty and full of dead mice."
│ --- Anonymous, on rasfc