[haiku] Re: New alpha?

  • From: Gerald Zajac <zajacg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 10:46:02 -0500

Gordon JC Pearce wrote:
On Sat, 2011-02-19 at 01:37 +0100, Jaroslav Šmíd wrote:
I feel sad... I feel very sad that you continue to make x86-32 version in times when every desktop CPU out there is x86-64. ... Almost crying ... Would be much better if x86-32 version was discontinued and work started on x86-64 version only (preferably with no way to run x86-32 apps so that the move is faster).

Well, that would stop a huge segment of the Haiku userbase from using
Haiku.  I would drop Haiku instantly if it was 64-bit only.  I'm not
going out and buying a new laptop just because you want to faff about
with 64-bit stuff.

Haiku runs really well on older systems - why would you want to shut
those users off?

+1 I don't have any computers with 64-bit CPU's, and I would also drop Haiku if it was only 64-bit. I also feel that Haiku performs very well on the 32-bit computers that I have.

-- Gerald