[openbeos] New Web Site

  • From: "Kurtis Kopf" <kurtis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 22:41:04 -0700

Ladies and gentlement, the new web site has been released!
As always, you can get to it through the usual routes...
http://open-beos.sourceforge.net/
http://openbeos.org/
etc...

Everything has changed, yet most has remained the same.
I leave you with a snippit of the news article I posted on the front page only
moments ago...

    -Kurtis Kopf, OpenBeOS Webmaster

Believe it or not, you are now looking at a new OpenBeOS site! This is my first
release of the new site, and it brings quite a few changes as to how things
work. Do not let the layout fool you, quite a bit has changed.
  Things You Should Take A Look At
  a.. There is now a "Print" feature for News Articles, Newsletters, and the
FAQ's Section. The small Print icon will allow you to currently select from two
different printable forms.
  b.. There is a new and improves News Article Archive system to make it easier
to find the news you're looking for.
  c.. The Teams Pages have had a new Tasks system added, which allows Team
Leaders to post important tasks that need to be done along with information
about the tasks.
  d.. The old Members page has been replaced with a new Contributors page, in
order to reflect the new structure of the project. Just as a general rule of
thumb, if you have contributed code to the CVS tree, then you are probably on
the list or will be quite soon. Names are constantly being added, so don't
panic if you're not there yet.
  e.. The Newsletter section now also has a new and improved Archiving system,
which allows you to search for exactly what you're looking for.
  f.. The Suggestion Box also recieved an Archive, along with a few other added
features that you'll notice.
  g.. Last, and most importantly, a new route of communication has been
developed between the developers and the rest of the world... There are now
built in administration tools that Team Leads and Project Administrators can
use to update the web site instantly! This means, you get the news you want
faster and more often!
Thank you for your patience during the short downtime while I prepared this new
system for launch. I hope you enjoy it.