[openbeos] Re: New PowerDeveloper developer programme!

  • From: Niklas Nisbeth <noisetonepause@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 17:37:36 +0100

Ah, so that's you:) How's it going?

Do Genesi know what you're doing? I think they're quite helpful to developers... maybe being part of one of their programmes would be a good way to get support if needed.

Anyways, I'd really like to see this port get going... Genesi are going to make a laptop out of the ridiculously low power (2W or 5W or something stupid) EFIKA board (http://www.genesippc.com/efika.php), which is supposedly going to be cheep, too... Haiku on such a laptop would be fantabulous.

On Nov 4, 2006, at 5:24 PM, Axel Dörfler wrote:

Niklas Nisbeth <noisetonepause@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Just thought someone might be interested in putting Haiku on the new
8641D, which is a dual-core PowerPC design (http://
www.powerdeveloper.org/8641d.php).

Thanks for the note. I already have the Pegasos 2 around for this very
task, so I won't pursue any more PPC hardware until the port is running
there :-)

Bye,
   Axel.