[openbeos] Re: New Newsletter Editor Needed

  • From: "Donovan Schulteis" <deej@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 19:41:36 +0000

>Pardon me for giving correction, but I think that it is more like 2-3
>hours *every other week*. This is really a low stress job.

Yes, my mistake.  It is every _other_ week.

If one wonders why I can't donate such a little amount of time - I just
started a master's program that is 5 1/2 week long terms.  3 hours
*every other week* can seriously displace what little time I have
already for homework, considering that these classes are so short and
intensive, as I realized this past newsletter.  I was already pretty
over-booked for time before, and starting this master's, well...  :)  I
had originally thought I'd take 2 classes at a time, but now I am glad I
didn't, as I now realize that doing so would have been mental suicide!
:P

I don't think I can hold any other commitments that have deadlines, due
to school deadlines now, as they must take priority (if I get less than
a C in any class, I must pay ~$1400 to reimburse my employer for paying
for them - I cannot afford to get less than a C - homework is 1st
priority).

On a brighter note related to my master's - my first class, and my very
first project in the program is going to be a BeOS based one!   And
there are several people in the class interested in the project and
hearing about BeOS and OpenBeOS!  :D  Hopefully that trend will continue
over the coming months.  :)

Okay, off to read 3 more chapters tonight...  :/

Deej