[haiku] Re: New Haiku flier - Final 1 [was: Draft 1] for review

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 09:26:08 -0800

Howdy,

Lars Nooden wrote:
Jorge G. Mare wrote:

Please review and let me know if there are any problems. I am planning
on sending the artwork to the printer later this week, so please make
your voice heard ASAP. Thanks!

Looks great.  I have not made up my mind about the asymmetry caused by
large empty area near the lower right corner, but it's not bad and the
rest is great.

Yes, I am not sure I like it either... I might just try to add a "We are proud mentors of GSoC 2007, 2008 & 2009" thingie there to see if it looks more balanced, although I am concerned that the whole thing may get too cluttered.

What other differentiators are there to list?
Lack of malware or lower system requirements?

Perhaps, but I think the bullet list is long enough already.

On the LCD screen I am viewing it with, the background behind "Meet the
People" and lower is a noticeably different color than than the part
immediately above it.  There seems to be a bluer stripe between that and
the bullet item 'screenshots'

It's hard for me to see for sure, since these will be printed and that's
a very different color system than RGB.

Good catch. I will check and make sure the gradient is smooth. Thanks!

--
Jorge/aka Koki
Website: http://haikuzone.net