[haiku] Re: New Haiku flier - Draft 1 for review

  • From: Simon Taylor <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 10:44:55 +0000

Stephan Assmus wrote:
> I am the first to admit that Haiku is incomplete and
> lacking features left and right. Tracker can't even burn CDs and all... but
> on the other hand, it is very obvious to me, as a user, that Haiku is
> designed as one big desktop OS.

Exactly. This is definitely the key thing Haiku has going for it vs any
linux flavours - consistency of design and experience, and coordinated
"release" scheduling between all the different components. I fear that
open source being what it is that we will see "KDE on Haiku!!" and other
such projects after R1 so I think it's important for everyone to realise
just what an advantage we have here, and not allow Haiku to be turn into
yet another underlying system that allows you to run all of your big
ported inconsistent apps from linux.

The whole is very definitely more than the sum of its parts.

Sorry for the off-topic - I like the flyer a lot Koki.

Simon