[haiku] Re: New DiskUsage icon...opinions wanted.

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 20:20:02 +0200

Hi,

On 2009-07-26 at 19:25:51 [+0200], Chris Peel <chris.gsi@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> On 26 Jul 2009, at 6:11PM, PulkoMandy wrote:
> >> Meandering slightly off-topic here but does anyone still _use_
> >> 16x16 icons?
> >>  Certainly my Leopard desktop is set to 64x64 (I run at 1680x1050)
> >> and my
> >> Finder icons are either 96x96 or 24x24 depending on what view setting
> >> I'm
> >> using.   Is support of 16x16 icons a legacy thing now?
> >
> > They are used in the leaf menu in haiku. So for apps its the version
> > you see more often.
> >
> Ok, in that case I should re-phrase: would people use larger icons in
> things such as the leaf menu if they could?

As others have pointed out, 16x16 is used very often on Haiku. I have
pondered the idea to make Tracker optionally use 24x24 icons in list view
mode, but while it would be possible and not too hard, the icons would not
look very crisp, since auto-fitting curves to the pixel grid is currently
not implemented. (To my knowledge, no system does that, they all have
special versions for the various sizes.)

Best regards,
-Stephan