[haiku] Re: New "BeOSCompatibility" package for Haiku

  • From: scottmc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 12:22:50 -0800

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 9:52 AM, Andrew Hudson <hudsonco1@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Personally, I think the package manager is a 'must have' for Haiku. But
> the next step is to take the top
> 30 applications from Haikuware and package them with the package manager.

Many of the older applications have been open sourced over the years.
 Waddlesplash has gathered many of these as added them to GitHub under
Haiku Archives, now totaling 128 and counting:
https://github.com/HaikuArchives  Note that not all of these are even in
useful condition, but if you see some of your old favorites there "STAR"
them, that way we can see which ones have the most interest.

For Google Code-In 2013 many of the tasks are for students to write
HaikuPorter .recipe files to building these.  Other tasks are to fix open
issues on these apps.  If you know of any other open sourced BeOS apps that
have been missed let us know.

Do you have a current list of those 100+ apps?

-scottmc