[openbeos] Re: Networking : R5 or BONE

  • From: "Bryan Varner" <bman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 11:44:57 Local time zone must be set--see zic manual page

As long as the kernel is eaisly portable (it definately looks like it
is!) there should be no problem porting the network stack to PPC.
There's plenty of OS's for PPC that already do this... the BSD's, OS X
itself, and the Linux distros do.

So, if this is in fact why Nathan wants a net_server, rest assured, I'm
sure there are plenty of talented coders who could make a kernel level
stack work on PPC.

-Bryan

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

Cauliflower is nothing but Cabbage with a College Education.
                -- Mark Twain