[haiku] Re: Network transfer, one Haiku machine to another ?

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 20:09:17 +0200 CEST

Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2009-05-24 at 23:24:25 [+0200], Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx
> >
> wrote:
> > FTP server should be running by default.
> *shudder* Both ftp and telnet seem to be enabled according to the
> "services" settings. Just tried, but neither one works here. We
> really

The last time I tried, that worked just fine. Looks like someone broke
it since then, as it doesn't work for me either, anymore. Oh, well, we
definitely need automated regression testing for all basic stuff.

> shouldn't enable them be default, anyway. ssh works fine -- one just
> has to
> start sshd manually.

Until sshd is on by default, ftp/telnet should run. It's very
convenient to have those things when something goes wrong.

Bye,
   Axel.