[haiku] Re: Need Some GSoC Advice

  • From: Ankur Sethi <get.me.ankur@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 11:44:51 +0530

I have decided to go with a two pronged approach, the same one that
the SkyOS Index Feeder uses. A database for full-text indexing, and
filesystem attributes for files such as MP3s. I submitted my proposal
just a few minutes ago. Thanks to everyone who took an interest :)

I have a question: is using an already existing library allowed?
JonathanThompson on IRC pointed me to CLucene
(http://clucene.wiki.sourceforge.net/). There's also Strigi, used by
the KDE project. I was wondering whether porting them would even be
possible, cosidering Haiku is using an older version of GCC.

--
Ankur Sethi
http://uncool.in