[openbeos] Re: Nasm

  • From: "Curtis Wanner" <katisu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 12:39:06 -0500

>David McPaul wrote:
>
> renamed their float.h float.c to nasmfloat.h nasmfloat.c and fix the
> makefiles etc to cope.  This was done because their version of float.h
> was being included instead of gcc's version.

Ah, that's the part I was getting stuck on.  Still wondering where the type
"efunc" comes from that is used in their float.h

> Added the following defines to compiler.h  These are c99 constructs
> that we don't have in our gcc headers.
>
> #define       PRIu32                  "u"
> #define       PRIX32                  "X"
> #define       PRId32                  "d"
> #define       PRIX64                  "X"
> #define       PRId64                  "d"
> #define       PRIu64                  "u"
> #define       PRIx64                  "x"
> #define       PRIx32                  "x"
> #define       PRIx16                  "x"
> #define       PRIx8                   "x"

My understanding is that the 64bit values need to have the length specified
to output proper values. For 32-bit this would be:

#define PRIX64          "llX"
#define PRId64          "lld"
#define PRIu64          "llu"
#define PRIx64          "llx"

> #define INT32_MAX 2147483647
> #define UINT64_C(val) val##ULL

What it should be for 32-bit.  Code style wise I prefer using value instead
of val, but that's nitpicking on my part. ;)

> If anyone wants a copy to try let me know.

If you don't upload it somewhere (i.e. haikuware.com or osdrawer.net), I
would like a copy.

Curtis