[openbeos] Re: Name Argument

  • From: Isaac Yonemoto <ityonemo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 16:10:21 -0500 (CDT)

> When a name is decided upon in the end, it's not going to bother me
> what it is called because the thing that should really matter is that
> the operating system is well programmed and will do the job it is
> intended for. I have liked BeOS for ages and like to use it because it
> is a good system. I wouldn't stop using it because someone decided to
> give it a silly name.

Yeah, but some of the current users would, and even if they didn't we
would be left with a really, really small userbase.  The name is
important, because it will attract people to the OS.  This may sound
silly, but the reason why I found BeOS was because I was bored one day and
typed in "www.be.com" by accident.  And at that time, I was looking for an
alternative OS.

Isaac