[openbeos] My thwarted plan to port XChat

  • From: Alan Fisher <abbadon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 08:41:59 +0000

on Thursday, May 08 2003, 06:40:49 I wrote:

>Oh and high, this is my first message on this list and I'm currently working
>on porting XChat to BeOS (and I guess Open BeOS too when it comes out). Just
>got to get around to building GTK 2.0 under BeOS.

Scratch this... GTK2 didn't build properly... I'm not a coder so I've no idea
how to fix it... guess I'm stuck with 1.3 for now then. Which leaves me with
no way to port over XChat... Sorry. It annoys me because quite frankly the
current BeOS IRC clients available really aren't up to much - they're either
fully functional but as unstable as a schizophrenic on acid or as stable as
you'd ever want but no where near complete....

Hopefully getting things like GTK over to BeOS will be easier with OpenBeOS
than it appears to be with the current implimentation. From there getting new
apps will be far easier.
--
Regards