[openbeos] Re: My impressions of FalterCon

  • From: "Dennis d'Entremont" <dennis.dentremont@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 19:02:17 -0300

On 8/17/07, Charlie Clark <charlie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Am 17.08.2007 um 18:42 schrieb Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki):
>
> > I think it is quite common for the foundation/non-profit supporting
> > any given project to support community initiatives leading to the
> > project's presence at open source events (like FC did) by providing
> > material such as hand out CDs, T-shirts for the staff, leaflets,
> > banners/signs, etc.. That's the sort of support that would be nice
> > to have.
>
> This is a nice idea doesn't come cheap and Haiku, Inc. doesn't have a
> lot to throw around. The reason for Waltercon being cancelled was
> *not* wishing to put funds down the pan. Given a reasonable
> timeframe, enough enthusiasm there's nothing to stop groups doing the
> work themselves. I've just come from the local Zope user group which
> is sponsoring the Grok presentation at next week's FrOSCon. Three or
> four people have got together to produce a flyer and a cardboard
> cutout for the event and arranged the sponsoring of one of the
> developers. DZUG e.V. isn't having to contribute a penny.

I would be willing to donate a few $$ to a marketing/promotional kit for an
even (Waltercon, Faltercon or other). Now that the cafepress store is open
even if everyone going to a particular even bought a shirt it would look
"more professional" and help Haiku, Inc as well.

--
Dennis d'Entremont
IT Professional