[openbeos] Re: My impressions of FalterCon

  • From: Charlie Clark <charlie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 14:06:43 +0200

Am 15.08.2007 um 21:22 schrieb Simon Taylor:

I'd certainly like to see more FC-style events in the future, and I share your hope that future events would be organised more as a partnership between the project and the community.

I don't recall any such distinction in the first place: Faltercon was setup and run by people in "the project"; Urias, Bryan, et al. I believe this is known as subsidiarity. The only issue that arose was decision by the admin team not to allow an official CD at the gathering. Having organised lots of BeOS & Haiku related events both official (BeGeistert) and inofficial (BeBecues) I don't see any need for support from Haiku, Inc. as such events are themselves usually in support.

Anyway I'm glad the event went ahead successfully.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Helmholtzstr. 20