[openbeos] Re: My Haiku Impressions

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 23:40:17 +0100 CET

Milen Dzhumerov <gamehack@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
> time after I finish off some necessary and boring projects. So if you
> welcome some more volunteers, I'd be very happy to help. So on the
> other

Thanks and welcome!

[...]
> BeOS feeling. Next thing, I noticed that the behaviour of the menus
> of
> Haiku differ from BeOS (you have to hold the mouse button in order
> for
> them not to disappear). Is that something which can be changed or
> what?

Sure - as you may have noticed, we're still under heavy development,
some stuff just works in some way, but far from perfect, and that's
just one example :-)

[...]
> is really awesome. One other thing, I couldn't find a guide on how to
> set up a developer environment so I can start experiment and
> familiarize
> myself with the architecture of Haiku. Is something like this written
> or
> not? I would also like to thank to everybody who has contributed to
> the

Actually, I don't really know.
We obviously think that everyone is familiar with that stuff... maybe a
"Getting Started" document would do good in our "Contribute" area.

Bye,
   Axel.