[openbeos] Re: My GSoC participation

  • From: "Waldemar Kornewald" <wkornewald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 00:22:12 +0200

Hi,
thank you all for taking part in Google Summer of Code. I hope Ivo has
joined this list, too. Let's get started with the preparations.

If you have problems with setting up your development environment or
any other questions, feel free to use this list and/or our IRC channel
(#haiku at irc.freenode.net). We'll try to our best to help you. Even
Axel will hang out on IRC from now on. :)

If you want to discuss a non-coding GSoC problem privately please
contact your mentor and "Cc" me.

Please read the Getting Started article on our website, just to make
sure the basics are in place and you know our coding guidelines, etc.:
http://haiku-os.org/documents/dev/haiku_development_getting_started

Please register a website account at http://haiku-os.org and tell me
your username, so I can give you developer access for our ticket
tracker at http://dev.haiku-os.org.

It would be nice if you could write short progress reports (they don't
even need to be technical) on a blog on our website, so the community
can see what happens. You can also write about your general GSoC and
Haiku experience. Again, I need your username, so I can give you
access rights for blogging.

I wish you all good luck and an exciting time at Haiku!

Bye,
Waldemar Kornewald