[haiku] Re: Multi-track recording and compositing

  • From: David Himelright <david.himelright@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 07:58:58 -0400

On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 7:43 AM, Pier Luigi Fiorini <
pierluigi.fiorini@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Great news, everyone! I just reached my old boss, Steffen Friedle, and I
>> have now permission to publish "Clockwerk", the multimedia compositing
>> editor that was part of the application suit develped by Mindwork under the
>> GPL. (This was the plan for a while, but we wanted to discuss some final
>> details first.) I have worked on this application from January 2006 to
>> around June 2008, mostly full-time, Axel and Ingo worked on other Mindwork
>> applications, but also on some aspects of Clockwerk. So this is quite a
>> headstart for any multi-track recording software. My plans are currently to
>> publish it on OS-Drawer. If that doesn't work out for whatever reason, it
>> will be berlios.de. I am really excited about this! I just need to
>> prepend GPL headers to most files and add some documentation. :-D
>>
>> More pressure for Haiku Media Kit encoding...
>>
> Why is OsDrawer supposed to not working ? :)
> In the past I started collecting some ideas for a multi-track recording
> software and there should also be a OsDrawer project but nothing useful yet.
>

> Anyway can't wait to see this Clockwerk :)

I'm also quite curious. Something that's long been of interest to me is
extraction of multilingual closed captioning tracks from video content
streams... it would seem to give you a nice, pre-aligned database of audio,
transcription, and translation all in one convenient package. Perhaps
Clockwerk is also a head start for that sort of a project as well?

~David