[haiku] Re: Mouse "Click to focus" mode: what is it for?

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 09:40:36 +0100

"François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Maybe we should make it obvious which OS it is like...
> "Click to focus (Amiga mode)", "Click to raise (Windows mode)" ?

I don't think so; while "click to focus" might have originated in
AmigaOS, the others don't really have a clear origin AFAIK - at least
it's clearly not Windows.

Anyway, I don't see much use in that third mode either, but it's a
compromise between FFM, and the usual "click to front" mode - it's a
combination of their features (even though it comes at a usability cost
IMO).
And just because I don't use it personally, there seems to be enough
people that actually like it. I use FFM because I find the always-front
windows annoying - but that's something this mode delivers as well.

Bye,
   Axel.